Conrad creates natural, bespoke, and experimental gardens and landscapes throughout the South West. Each garden is conscientious of the ecology and sense of place. The design process draws inspiration from vernacular features and the personal narrative of the client, which leads to a dynamic collaborative design process. The design practice fuses an arts/anthropology background with sustainable ecology, creating spaces which have a natural aesthetic and form. These spaces explore balance, rhythm, and flow and are innovative and enduring.
Using forest gardening principles; whereby plants work together transferring nutrients, creating an ecological resilience, with low human input. The designs are artistically and plant driven, creating structure and form from the clients wishes and dreams.
Conrad works throughout Devon and Cornwall, south west, London and further afield.
Recent gardens and landscapes:
- A mature Olive grove planted in Devon, England, as part of a 4 acre productive Mediterranean garden design.
- A cliff top coastal garden design in South Devon, where naturalistic mass phormium plantings fuse with the texture and form of the surrounding coastline.
- A Grade II Arts and Crafts Manor in Dartmoor
- A grade II* Cornish Rectory
- A civic roof garden design
- A cliff edge garden
- An estuary garden
Andrew Lethbridge associates ala-architects.co.uk GluckmanSmith Gluckmansmith.com Harrisonsutton harrisonsutton.com Nash Partnership nashpartnership.com Woodford architecture woodfordarchitecture.com Stride Treglown stridetreglown.com Jones Lang and Lasalle jll.co.uk Will Hoare Architects WHA.DESIGN PUP Architects puparchitects.com